Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Photography 101: Exploring Your Subject

This week we met at Martin's Hardware Store in Nappanee. It was a challenging lesson. We learned how a camera works; what the functions are of the different parts of the camera. We learned about the depth of field and which settings you want the camera set to depending on what depth of field you are going for. The terms that we learned were f/stop, aperture, and shutter speed. It was frustrating and challenging trying to figure out what the instructor was wanting us to do until after she had critiqued my pictures and didn't have anything good to say about them. So being the anal person that I am I stayed after and took more pictures to gain her approval and to make sure I knew what I was supposed to be doing. So here are some of the pictures that I took. Enjoy!

For my homework assignment I decided to have my bike be my subject and here are a few pictures of it. I know there are a lot but it really is "a few" compared to the approximately 90 pictures that I took. It was really hard to narrow it down to 50 and I still have a lot of work narrowing it down to the 3 best that I have to turn in on Thursday!

1 comment:

The Smiths said...

Angie, while I'm not photo expert, I've always enjoyed taking photos...what sort of camera are you using? Digital or 35 mm? Fixed lens or interchangeable lens?

Some good work (unprofessional opinion), I like the one of the front breaks.

Ryan