Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A ditzy moment


Well today was the beginning of a new bible study for me! When I read about it in the Life Line at church I thought they would be doing a study titled "Extra Grace Required" (aka EGR) with the scripture based from the book of Judges. I didn't know the study was actually just on Judges, because at the time I never really knew anything about the book of Judges except that it was a book in the bible. I thought it was going to be specifically on "Extra Grace Required" and basically all about Grace. So I call and tell Amy all about how wonderful this study is going to be and we were both really excited. We knew there was going to be a book involved and I was going to tell Amy the name and all about it! Well.... I get to the bible study tonight and the NAME of the bible study is "Extra Grace Required" and they are not actually doing a study at all on the topic itself. Well, needless to say I was pretty surprised by it all. I am going to continue going, beside the fact I now made the obligation, but also because I have been pondering the idea of starting a personal study in the book of Judges and it would be great to work through the book with a few other people.The reason I was interested was because it is a good book to read on leaders. Being that I am a SALT 3 mentor and my mentee needed to study this book intensely last year I thought it would be a good idea for me to do the same. I am still excited about the bible study and I have learned alot within just the few hours I was there tonight. For example, I learned that the book of Judges actually talks about the 12 judges in the old testament. And that after the judges did such a poor job at leading then there became Kings. It really is all starting to come together!

No comments: