Monday, September 10, 2007

My very first blog entry ever!!!

I have recently learned that "Myspace" is not becoming so popular anymore. Instead of switching to the latest fad all of the time I have decided to create my own blog. I will still check my "myspace" but probably will not keep it updated. Although I do love updating photos. I wish this blog thing had a place to put a photo album.

I am devoting this blog to my thoughts and feelings on numerous events. And if you know me at all, you know that it will not be boring. One of Ryan's favorite things to do when we are riding in the car in silence is to ask what I am thinking. He usually does this to get a good laugh. Another purpose is to keep my family and friends updated on my life.

I am currently studying for the NCLEX Examination. I have already attempted this exam once but received a "Nearly Passing" with a 95%. You need greater than a 95% to pass. I do plan on taking the NCLEX during the month of September but am not telling anyone but Ryan when I am taking it. The only reason Ryan is going to know is because I need him on the day to drag me into the awful testing facility. And then after I am done taking the test he is going to hug me and tell me how smart I am. We will then spend the afternoon at the zoo. Well, I have to have something to look forward too!

I am also helping my kid sister Starla Fern learn Human Anatomy which I thoroughly enjoy. Being that Human Anatomy was permanently engraved in my brain forever, I am glad to be of some help to her.

I am also a youth sponsor at the church I have grown up in. I really love working with the youth and being a mentor to them! I have advanced from attending the Junior High bible study (last year) to attending the Senior High bible study this year! This was due to my change in work schedule. I am learning a lot through my time with the youth and would not trade it for anything! Helping people is one of my passions in life.

Another passion of mine is working with animals, which is why my second job is working at a veterinarian. I have worked there since July 30th 2002. I started work there with my best friend, Amy. I work there every other weekend (usually). People always ask me which one I prefer, people or animals. My response always depends on the mood I am in. The benefit of working with the animals is that the muzzle is always an option!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,
I'm so excited to hear from you! Haven't seen you forever - so I wanna at least be the first one who writes on your blog!!
Now you can say your blog's been read by people across the world also!
Kerstin

northwoodsoccer said...

Nice job Angie. Are you coming to the game thursday?